1.14.2009

thanks be to god for woven things

I paid $3.50 for the shirt I am wearing today. The dark turquoise is the exact shade of the afghan I made this fall that I want to but haven't yet given to my favorite evangelist, and it is warm. I'm chilled this morning, because I went jogging in 17 degree weather and then an hour later biked to work and all the while felt vaguely doomed, the way you do when you wake up with a scratchy throat and a hotter forehead and you feel, oh shit, I'm going to get sick, but before it really incapacitates you, you want to squeeze in all the activity and thought you can, like jogging, and biking, and writing letters, and meeting someone for coffee, so you do, and all the while you're wearing a really wonderful sort of dark turquoise thrift store shirt, and you're glad you are, because its color is rich and it is warm enough to pull out some of the chill from your bones and divert the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment