1.16.2009

fire and ice

I still don't know how to deal with migraines that aren't mine, or surprise parties, or the crusty, sticky way I feel when I wake from a twilight nap. I know that this is not supposed to be a chore, this sweet low-stress job, the warm house in the height of winter, the jumping bean coworker, the one who puts his arm around me and squeezes my shoulder, the roommates who bake chocolate chip cookies and mop the floor even when it's my turn. But doesn't the ease of it all exhaust you?

1 comment:

  1. OMG! O! M! G! you tramp! you harlot! SIXTY-TWO SECRET POSTS! i'll never not look at you the same again. what would have happened if i had ever stopped in h'burg on one of my trips back and forth? would you have pretended not to know me? maybe even pretended i didn't exist?

    which is all a way of saying, this made my day. :) damn i love surprises.

    ReplyDelete