10.26.2015

800 miles

My favorite nickname for the baby is Moolos. Also I really like referring to him as The Smitty. There's no reason for either.

He has his first cold. He's dripping rubber cement and sneeze-coughing-gurgling. He cries and he grins through the discomfort and my heart bumps. I would always always let him sleep a night on my chest.

He makes traveling difficult! We drove about 800 miles with Moolos in the back seat. On the way back his voice was froggy when he cried. He makes traveling kind of better! He is a good side kick. He makes a good trio out of us.

I say: thanks for not being an asshole. Thanks for being patient. Thanks for being mine.

I say: thanks for being quirky. Thanks for being up and down. Thanks for being warm and sweet in your sleep.

I am very lucky to have friendships that span decades, already. And brilliant weekends to celebrate and share and get lost in the fall and plan for the decades to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment