6.12.2013

staying alive

I am being made happy by the return to below 90° temperatures in the library stacks (it's been a long three weeks), and by an earnest hula hooper on her 22nd birthday. And by scrap afghans and companionship and Law and Order marathons and fuchsia pants and cheese. And definitely happy at the prospect of spending this weekend up in the Finger Lakes with some of my favorite people, to make up for months and months of not-doing-that. I've been feeling... alright... and I have been sitting up straighter and I joke around a lot and currently, two weeks into the basement adventure dumbassery experiment, my husband and I have not yet let one-room-living turn us against each other. Partially, I think, because we're focused on presenting a united front against the ants and 'muscular' spiders. We're going to stay alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment