4.20.2012

another list

Today is a day that doesn't feel typical, even though it is one. 


Things that are making me happy:


Looking through family photos from when my mom was a kid and before and sharing them with people who love old photos as much as I do

A mocha frappuccino from the Starbucks downstairs, for real

My mid-day trip to an off-site storage facility in a university van, especially when I have company

The smell of the storage facility and the way it sticks to the bound journals who live in it. Smells like paint and new carpet and old books and it's somehow very wonderful

The word 'trox' as a typo that will stick

Talking with my hands

Baby ducks, as yet to be named. I think one should be named Shuffles

Peanut butter

Goodwill jeans that make my ass look better than normal

Friendly/grateful patrons

My office mate's laugh, and the fact that I can cause it

My plans for Friday evening: grocery shopping, playing this app on my Kindle, watching a few episodes of How I Met Your Mother when S gets home from work, and going to bed by 10:30 (woot)

Knowing that tomorrow I have a lunch date with my alternate mom and a birthday party to attend in the evening. Just enough.

...

I'm hanging in there, folks. I'm holding steady at 'ok.' The good news is that I haven't been laid up with the worst sort of  'sick' sensations in about a week... this is the longest reprieve I've had in five months. So I'm ok. Just sort of bumbling along feeling odd and weak and sometimes really grumpy. If I stay perfectly still there are times I can feel completely normal. I think it will be like this, and be like this, and be like this. And I'll keep on.

No comments:

Post a Comment