8.03.2009

being a disgustingly incurable optimist

Some of my mornings are euphoric. I have always had a talent for turning on in the mornings, for hopping out of bed and sweeping the last bits of dreams out of my head within seconds of my alarm. But then there are mornings like this one--when once I am out of bed, OH MY WORD HAVE YOU NOTICED HOW AMAZING EVERYTHING IS? My senses feel sharp. Soap smells intoxicatingly sweet. Cheerios taste wonderful--food of the GODS. I hold my head high, and damnit, I look good. I walked to work today because walking three miles actually makes a lot more sense than people think it does. And lord, I kind of danced the whole way. I kept thinking, the sky, has it always been so big? And the leaves on the trees hanging over the sidewalk, have they always been so incredibly full of green? I was listening to my mp3 player on random shuffle, and each new song that played would give me goosebumps. It is so good. All this, and I hadn't even had coffee yet. I don't know, I just feel like today is going to keep getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment