5.15.2009

I lied about the 'forward!'

--sort of. Admitting there is a problem is the first step to solving it? Well, what I have here is admittance.
There are voices under my feet again. A few minutes ago it was 10:00 and I sat down at the piano without stopping to think of it being 10:00 and made it through half a song before I realized I can't DO that anymore. I remember the way in high school I used to crave the piano so badly late at night, and then later, when I had an electric keyboard and headphones and could give in to those cravings, it wasn't what I wanted anymore. So it's ok that I'm not playing right now because if I could I probably wouldn't be.
Last weekend I was in an unfamiliar city meeting people who seemed already familiar, even though they were not. Tomorrow I will be meeting Confederate soldiers and a 8 month old kid named Louie, who, based on the pictures I've seen, has a grinning, drooling beach ball for a head.

No comments:

Post a Comment