2.02.2009

life

My consciousness is slowing me down this morning. Not my conscience. What I mean is, I keep getting knocked on my ass by the distracting and wonderful realization that it's ME controlling my hands and my feet and my mouth. It's just... it's wow... I am in charge of deciding whether or not to sprint on my bike through the yellow light or coast to a stop and wait. I can pick which tone to use when I'm saying good morning to my coworkers. I can make lunch plans. I can sit at my desk and solve a damn rubik's cube. Freaking wow. So you'll have to excuse me if you come across me examining my hands, doing nothing but watching my fingers move one at a time.

And so it is that the awareness that I'm capable of work! can sometimes get in the way of working itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment